Canada belongs to those countries where gambling is legal. That is applied to certain provinces, such as Ontario, Alberta, Quebec, and others. Despite the availability of land-based casinos across this country, lots of players choose to enjoy gambling fun on the Internet. PlayAmo Casino Canada is one of many options that they have. So, why is the iGaming industry so popular among Canadians?
Quick Overview of the Online Gambling Industry in Canada
The national iGaming industry makes annual gross sales of $31. According to the report by The CGA published in 2019, legalized gambling in Canada makes a positive impact on the national economy. Thus, this sector brings $9.2 billion every year and creates job positions for more than 182,000 people. All the trends indicate the growth in the online gambling industry in Canada.
Reasons for the High Popularity of Online Gambling in Canada
While players can travel to Canada-based brick-and-mortar casinos to enjoy the realistic gambling experience, playing online often becomes a cheaper and more convenient alternative to them.
The main reasons for that are as follows:
- Accessibility. Canadian can use various devices, including PCs, smartphones, tablets, iPhones, and others to enter an Internet-based gambling house instantly;
- An abundance of games. It is possible to find online casinos featuring thousands of engaging games of different types, such as slot table, card, dice, lottery, games, and more;
- Convenience. The Internet-gambling venues provide a full set of services, ensuring the best player experience from 24/7 customer support to various payment methods;
- Bonuses and promos. Online casinos often run tempting offers, allowing gamblers to increase their balance effortlessly.
Opting for the gambling industry is particularly beneficial for players with limited budgets since it allows them to play various games with only a few dollars.
The Impact of COVID-19 on the Online Gambling Industry
The land-based gambling industry in Canada has experienced serious problems due to the lockdown in 2020. In Canada, various land-based gambling venues, including casinos, VLT networks, horse racing, bingo halls, and others had to close. This made lots of gambling venues and players shift to the iGaming industry.
The Future of the iGaming Industry in Canada
Currently, Canadian gamblers can choose out from more than 100 online gambling websites. Many of them focus on providing their services for players living in this country.
To attract more local customers, gambling company offers them various benefits, such as:
- Sites versions in Canadian English and French languages;
- Payment transactions in Canadian dollars;
- A variety of banking methods convenient for local players, such as bank cards, wire transfer, Interac, cryptocurrencies, and others;
- Bonuses and promos specially designed for Canadian gamblers.
The chances are that the online gambling industry in Canada has a bright future. More and more players switch to playing online casino games due to convenience, affordability, accessibility, and other advantages. It is expected that the number of Internet-services gambling service providers will grow and that land-based venues will also launch their online versions to remain profitable in case of crises, such as Covid-19.